[myHD 0.2 BETA version] for tests ...

New total application manager for HD_Station
Hslansky
Has thanked: 0

Re: [myHD 0.2 BETA version] for tests ...

Post by Hslansky » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:01 pm

philippe wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:45 am
Hi,
Sonn wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:23 am
So if I understand this correctly , with Kodi it will update itself with the latest version if you run the updater correct? If there is a update available...

NIce work on this Philippe :)
YES it's my target ... to don't have to redo works done by other (Kodi team itself) and to get update when they are available for Ubuntu 16.04 without extra works on it.

... I am a lazy :lol:

Philippe.
NB actually it's Beta delivery, but easy to return to nightly build or later to stable version ... (just add or change the PPA kodi team repository)
So I am trying to understand how the upgrade process would work with myHD. Would I just need to run: sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade? Is there another process that needs to take place?
philippe
Site Admin

Post by philippe » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:50 pm

Hi,
Hslansky wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:01 pm
So I am trying to understand how the upgrade process would work with myHD. Would I just need to run: sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade? Is there another process that needs to take place?
Depends of how the software is created :
from a PPA or an Ubuntu repository (like kodi18, Chrome, etc.) ... it's apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade (better than upgrade to manage system depends)
... no sudo ... use myHD_root to be root
same is done using myHD apt_upgrade_package
Remember that some ad-dons (ex. kodi) require addition apt-get install kodi_xxx_addons

For software coming through AppImage ... this need a replacement of the AppImage

For software build from source (like P.M.P.) this require a new delivery (independent of myHD QPKG itself)

Philippe.
QNAP / Asustor package integrator
Hslansky
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hslansky » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:35 pm

Upgraded to 0.2 and all is working well. You may want to update your download pages, they still point to 0.1 and do not have the patch. This may cause confusion with some folks.

Excellent work, thank you for all you do for the community!!
philippe
Site Admin

Post by philippe » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:53 am

Hi,
Hslansky wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:35 pm
Upgraded to 0.2 and all is working well. You may want to update your download pages, they still point to 0.1 and do not have the patch. This may cause confusion with some folks.
Solved ... thanks for the information ... (too little time to remember all things to do)

Philippe.
QNAP / Asustor package integrator