Donations for Your Hard Work?

New to the forum? Introduce yourself ...
bserebin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Donations for Your Hard Work?

Post by bserebin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:26 am

Hi Philippe,

I've read countless helpful posts by you. I'd like to donate to help offset your effort. Do you accept donations?

Thanks,
-Ben
philippe
Site Admin

Re: Donations for Your Hard Work?

Post by philippe » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:40 am

Hi,

Thanks,

BUT NO and never :roll: .... I have only as target to share my works (when it's possible on NAS brand) and to help people
I don't do this to preserve my job nor to get advantage of the work from other no more sign any package as if I am the author ... and at end not for any retribution
and I have never supported dishonesty ...

I am independent of any provider ... so can only do things on hardware I have and for the challenge ...

For me receiving any contribution is an engagement ... or, I do this ONLY on my free-time (not at job) ... so delay is mine ...

But, again, thanks for the proposal even now focusing on Asustor ... it's certainly less interesting for you (I think you have posted on QNAP forum ... )

Philippe.
NB for Syncthing ... have a look in Entware QPKG ... but all is manual ... but not so difficult
These users thanked the author philippe for the post:
OneCD (Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:30 pm)
Rating: 50%
Asustor package integrator
bserebin

Post by bserebin » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:30 am

The donation would come with no strings attached. I simply want to say thank you. You can use it to help offset the cost of a NAS from Asustor, movies, food, etc.

And you are correct I have and use QNAPs (& even Syncthing on a QNAP). If I had known about Asustor's I might have considered them. I like their tool-free design and great performance, but the purpose of my post is to simple offer you a no strings attach donation. It's like the Nobel Prize except much less money and much well known. :D

-Ben
Sonn

Post by Sonn » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:59 am

Thank you so much father Mande for all your work... I'm still using your myhd on my qnap and will continue to do so as long as I possibly can :) Its so nice to be able to update kodi when I want and not have to wait for it …….

Thank you again ……

I wish I would have copied more of your info regarding myHD maintenance - creating and deleting opkg packages etc.

I didnt and now its gone...